For those who enjoy riding, we have connections to riding stables established in March 2010 by Denise started from a lifetime of love of horses and training. Denise is a professional rider and a qualified instructor who is fluent in both English and Portuguese. The stables are located about 4 km from the apartments.
The stables offer comfort for horse riders and their families with riding arenas, grassy areas and a shaded area for visitors.
Riding classes are appropriate for the full range of riders from the inexperienced novice to the more experienced expert. Hats are supplied for every rider.
Lessons are available for all levels of experience.
- Beginner Level – 20/30 minute lesson: recommended for the first timer, ages 5 and above
- Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced Level – 45/60 minute lesson: for groups of 1 to 5 riders at a time
- One-on-one teaching can also be arranged on request
Lessons include – how to brush, lead and be around a horse, riding and understanding balance, posture and the suppleness of horses’ movements.
The stables offer a day-camp, enabling riders to experience a day out with horses and enjoy the related activities
- The day runs from 10 am to 3 pm
- Riders must be 5 years old or above
- Group size ranges from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 10 persons
For the more experience rider, the stables offer hacks and trail rides. These take you through the typical agricultural and rustic landscape alongside a small river, over some rocky terrain, through some fruit tree orchards and olive trees.
Note that this is only available to riders with some experience only.
- Group sizes ranging from 2 to 7 people are available, depending on riding experience and horses available
- Each session lasts around 1 hour 15 minutes
If you are interested in any of the above activities, please ask and we can make arrangements for you.
Accidents: The Riding center is not responsible for any accidents that may occur before, during or after a riding lesson or hack.
Please note: In July and August there is no riding between 13.00 hrs. and 15.00 hrs.