One of the best golfing and holiday destinations in Europe is the Algarve for a number of reasons.
- It boasts an average of over 3000 hours of sunshine over 300 days of sun a year. The sun shines for 10 to 12 hours per day on average for the entire summer season.
- Golf courses have been designed by internationally recognized golf course designers such as Henry Cotton who designed Benamor Golf course and Jack Nicklaus’s Monte Rei Golf Course. They are challenging and created in beautiful natural landscapes.
- Another important factor is accessibility. Faro Airport is the gateway to the Algarve and only 35 kilometers from Tavira.
Tavira Vacations Apartments offer competitive rates with the 5 golf courses that are within 5 to 25 minutes drive away.
- Benamor: This lovely course is located approximately 6 kilometers east of Tavira offering views of the sea and the hills of the Serra de Caldeiráo. It is an 18 hole course and includes a large putting course.
- Quinta da Ria: Located 11 kilometers east of Tavira, this 18 hole Par 72 course has spectacular views of the sea. It is a championship course and has a Golf Academy.
- Quinta da Cima: About 12 kilometers east of Tavira, this is a championship style course designed for the more skilled golfers. It is a challenging 18 hole par 72 course. It is a beautiful course planted with a variety of olive trees that blend with the lakes.
- Monte Rei: The first Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course, which opened in 2007, is about 13 km from Tavira and set in the picturesque hills in Eastern Algarve. It is a Par-72 championship course with a unique design meandering over gentle hills and valleys.
- Castro Marim: Set about 25 km from Tavira near the Spanish border, it is a new par 71 course combining the very best of design and countryside location. It is a challenging course and will test the ability of the handicap golfer.
We can arrange your golfing requirements including taxi transport from Faro Airport and to golf courses. Please contact us for more information.