Write a Review on TripAdvisor
Established in March of 2010 from a lifetime of love of horses and training, Quinta Beldade Stables offers an array of experiences. Activities are appropriate for the full range of riders: the inexperienced novice to the more experienced expert.
It is located about 4 kms from the Apartments and run by a Professional Rider and a qualified Instructor who is fluent in both Portuguese and English.
Activities Offered are:
1. Riding Lessons
2. Pony Day-Camp
3. Hacks/Trail Rides
1. Riding Lessons:
Stables and Lessons include - how to brush, lead and be around a horse, riding and understanding balance, posture and the suppleness of a horses movements
Beginner Level - 20/30 min
Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced Level - 45/60 min
- recommended for the first timer, ages 5 and up
- balance, posture and general “driving skills” are taught
- individual lesson
Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced - 45/60 min
- ages 5 and up
- different exercises (age appropriate) are used to better the horse and rider
- can vary from 1 to 5 riders at a time
- PRIVATE LESSON (one on one teaching)
- improve dressage, jumping /or basic flat work skills
2. Pony Day-Camps : 10 am to 3 pm
For children from the age of 5 and up to experience a day out with horses and enjoy related activities.
Group size: Minimum of 3 to Maximum of 10 children
3. Hacks/Trail Rides:
Hacks take you through the typical agricultural and rustic landscape alongside a small river, over some rocky terrain, through some fruit tree orchards and olive trees. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and smell of wildflowers and grasses while on horseback.
Please note some experience is required and the instructor will always be present either on foot or on horseback.
Groups of 2 to 7 are available
(Depending on riding experience and horses available)
Duration about 1hr and 15 min.
Hats are supplied for every rider.
The Centre facilities offer comfort for horse, rider and family-with riding arenas, grassy areas to roll around in and enjoy the sun, plenty of trees for shade and lots of fresh air and nature even those who don’t come to ride have fun!
*Please note: In Summer: July and August- there is no riding between 13.00 hrs to 15.00 hrs
The Riding center is not responsible for any accidents that may occur before, during or after a riding lesson or hack
If you are interested in any of the above activities, please ask at Reception and we can make arrangements for you.
Tavira is in an ideal position for exploring the charming streets of Tavira, follow countryside pathways of the Ria Formosa or for going along salt pans to the next town of Cabanas! Why not use a bicycle to do this?
We can provide bicycle hire from the apartments. The features of the hire include
- 24 Hours notice (if possible) can be sooner in certain exceptions
- English/Portuguese/Spanish spoken
- Full accessories, Helmets, Lights, Locks etc included within the price
- Free Delivery and Pick up
- Full operating instructions of the bike given to the rider
- Some trials and maps are also provided, upon request.
Please ask at reception if you want to hire bicycles.